Thursday, October 22, 2009

World Card Making Day! UPDATED

As a mom of three, I have learned I have to get things done well in advance. So I used World Card Making Day to get ahead. I made 5 cards for our pastors for Pastor Appreciation Day the following Sunday. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of those. The boys and I also made Thanksgiving cards for Chris's teachers and a few others. Out came the box of paints, foam brushes, cardstock, and of course, the little hands! The end result... well, honestly they aren't completely finished, but I just need to add a few embellishments (ribbons, brads, rub-on transfers, etc.).

I started by cutting some dark brown cardstock to make a 6x6 inch card. Then over that the tan cardstock would be placed with the handprint turkeys. Next, I used CB's hand (the biggest one) and did two layers of "feathers" using his handprints. Notice I only used the fingers and not the thumb for the feathers.
After two layers with the larger handprints, I did two layers of CJ's hand (smaller handprint).
Here is a picture of the completed feathers.
I then used CB's hand again, this time the entire hand including the thumb to make the body of the turkey.
Stay tuned for more pictures of the finished product!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
The Mills family was established on April 20th, 2002 when Bryan C. Mills married Allison Wilson. The family grew in 2005 with the birth of Christopher and then again in 2007 when Cameron first made his appearance. It just grew a little more in 2009 with Zachary's arrival and then again in 2011 when Ethan entered the world with a bang! We hope to continue to grow our family as God allows. We are truly blessed and praise God each day for the joy we bring each other!