Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Beautiful Bows

So you might be asking yourself, "What is a mom of 3 boys doing making bows?" I too, for quite sometime was NOT interested in making bows. Call me bitter for not having a sweet little girl with beautiful hair to put them in, but I just didn't want to start making bows when I had no use for them. Then suddenly, just before a friend's baby shower, I realized that I KNOW a lot of little girls so I could just make bows for them!

Off to Michael's I went in search of the perfect ribbon! I was going to make a bow board and a few bows for my friend Chelsey who was due to have her first sweet baby girl in March. Well, I succeeded in finding ribbon (I confess, I have a bit of a ribbon obsession) and about $60 later I set about making bows.

I started with some simple "Classic bows" that I found directions for making. On that site I also found directions for making korker bows (the super cute curly ones!!!) and made a few of those as well. So long story short (too late), my passion for bow making was ignited!

Here are a few of my creations:
Red, White and Blue Korker Bows
Daisy Clip, perfect for attaching to a headband
Tri-Loop Bow with Button Accent
Butterfly Clippies (I can't make the antenna, they just catch on fire!!!)
Classic Bows, LOVE this ribbon!!!
Double Layered, Tails Down Bow
Disney Tails Down Bow with Bottle Cap Accent
3-in-1 Pink Polka Dot bow, Minnie Clip can be removed
Minnie Clip (from the above bow)
Bow boards I made for my dear little Emma, my friend Tracey's daughter

3 comments:

andidaniels said...

I love the bows. Sooooooooo very cute. I started making bows for Malea a while back. I don't know why I didn't start earlier. Now I have become a bit obsessed as well.

Anonymous said...

Love the bows Allison! I've never made bows for AG. When she was little, with little ponytails, I just tied regular chiffon ribbon bows ~ so cute in her curly hair! I'll have to show her your bows and see if she'd like us to make some this summer. I am praying that this summer is better than last. (Debbie)

Just Call Me Mom! said...

Love the Bows!!! You're so good at them! Plus you're a great teacher!

About Me

My photo
The Mills family was established on April 20th, 2002 when Bryan C. Mills married Allison Wilson. The family grew in 2005 with the birth of Christopher and then again in 2007 when Cameron first made his appearance. It just grew a little more in 2009 with Zachary's arrival and then again in 2011 when Ethan entered the world with a bang! We hope to continue to grow our family as God allows. We are truly blessed and praise God each day for the joy we bring each other!